Alert – Phone Scammers Target PC Users With Phony Virus Reports
Folks, here is a headline news story you should be aware of, and – also tell your friends and family about (heck, tell everyone at the office, too) — don’t let them become a victim of this “scare scam”.
“Online con artists are targeting PC users worldwide in a brazen scam. It starts with a phone call from a “tech support specialist” who warns that your computer is infected with a virus.” Read more..
Please.. if you read just one tech story this week, let it be that one. (This, or similar to this, has already been tried on several readers.. so be aware!)
• Loyal readers of Tech – for Everyone are probably aware that I receive dozens of requests from folks who want me to review their product and/or service — far too many requests for me to honor them all, actually. However, I would like to bring one recent one to your attention: there’s a new “engine” in town.
Findthebest.com, a unique comparison engine, allows consumers to make quick and informed decisions on all sorts of topics.
When it comes to shopping for hot new tech-products, their electronics category is great for comparing smartphones, laptops, and tablets, based on the specs you care most about.
Findthebest.com allows you to:
• Start with a comprehensive list of models and narrow down by brand, technical specifications, operating systems, network, manufacturer, price, and more
• Compare with simple and easy to use side-by-side interface
• Obtain unbiased ratings and detailed product specs
This site impressed me because they link to the manufacturer (or source) and any prices listed are MSRP — this isn’t about finding the best online price (you can use Shopzilla for that) but about making informed decisions.. or simply “finding out more”.
(Though I used tech devices as my example, you’ll find that’s just one small ‘area’ of the site.) Take a look at Findthebest.com.
• It has been a while since the never-ending “browser wars” has come up here.. or I have been asked “which one’s faster?” In spite of the hype, I think we have settled into our choice. But, what the hey. I could be wrong. So here’s the latest “shootout”.
The BIG browser benchmark! Chrome 15 vs Opera 11 vs IE9 vs Firefox 8 vs Safari 5
“Chrome 15 vs Opera 11 vs IE9 vs Firefox 8 vs Safari 5 … which browser will be triumphant?” Read more..
“Myth #1: Multitasking is critical in a world of infinite demand. This myth is based on the assumption that human beings are capable of doing two cognitive tasks at the same time.” Read more..
My plate is full, and much to do. Have to run…
Today’s quote: “Today the world changes so quickly that in growing up we take leave not just of youth but of the world we were young in.” ~ Peter Medawar
Copyright 2007-2011 © “Tech Paul” (Paul Eckstrom). All Rights Reserved.