It’s Cyber Monday!
I hope you all had a great weekend. Well, I may as well “go with the flow” and write about how everybody is expected to shop! shop! shop!!! this so-called “Cyber Monday” (a reference to how you are not working, there at work, today, but just pretending to while you surf for bargains online).
I will say, again, be careful of online scams, and look for the “s” (https://) on shopping cart pages, and then point you to some geeky savings. Remember, try to go to the website directly — criminals are ‘poisoning’ search results, so you’ll get directed to their site, and get infected with a virus.
* Amazon has special discounts on all categories of items (not just ‘tech’). Their over-view page is here.
* TigerDirect’s “Pink Friday Sale” (named that as they will be donating a minimum of $100,000 to a breast cancer charity) is still available. Check out their discount items here.
* Buy.com says some items are discounted up to 83%.. but it is “while supplies last”, so.. don’t dawdle, click here.
Sometimes, it’s best to cut out the middleman.
* Hewlett-Packard has some deals (includes free shipping) here.
* Dell, for one day only, has savings of up to 80% on select products, here.
* Apple is offering savings on accessories (ahem.. accessories?) here.
Don’t forget Office Depot. I know it isn’t the first place you think of, but sometimes I think it should be. See their “while supplies last” deals here.
That ought to help you be non-productive for a while. Have fun browsing!
Tip of the day: If you have a great friend, take the time to let them know that they are great.
Today’s quotable quote: “Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings.” ~ J. Robert Moskin
Copyright 2007-2011 © “Tech Paul” (Paul Eckstrom). All Rights Reserved.