And Now A Few Words From Our Sponsor…
Hard to believe I have been posting daily advice and How-To articles for over 5 years now. (More than 1,800 of them.) When I first started writing, Microsoft had just changed the game a bit by releasing an operating system named “Vista”, and switched from Menu bars to the “Ribbon”. Apple had just changed the game a bit by releasing a little gadget called an “iPhone”…
Time goes so fast, doesn’t it?
Those of you who found me, (out of the millions of other websites [nobody knows how many there actually are..]) and followed along, have probably learned a little bit about me, and are familiar with my pet “mantras”.
- Do not open emails from strangers (and no, you did not just win the Online Lottery)!
- If it connects to the Internet, it needs an up-to-date antivirus!
- Just say YES to updates (and visit the Secunia scanner) and keep all your installed software up-to-date!
- Exercise healthy paranoid common sense online (because they are out to get you)!
- The only reason you were allowed on the Internet is so that “they” can show you advertisements (for crap you don’t need)!
Oh, there’s more… (such as Facebook, and the dead concept known as personal privacy..) but you already know them by heart, as you’ve “subscribed” to my feed. Right?
Recently, though, I have been thinking I should add a few new “mantras”.
* I don’t care if it’s earning the paycheck, saving the world from Evil Super Villians, or picking your nose — 15 hours a day is unnatural and unhealthy.
* Get outside and build yourself a treehouse (say it is for the kids, if you’re worried what others might think) and also go fishing.
* End the viscous circle — Boycott movies like Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (See, Sinking To A New Low)
Oh, there’s more… but I am going to follow my own advice and shut down. Get outside. Because everything online sure seems to be geared for the demographic –> teenage girl. And I am not one.
I just need to update my status, and tell foursquare where I’m going first…
Have a great day everybody!
Today’s quote: “You’ve got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you’re not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice.” ~ Steven D. Woodhull
Copyright 2007-2012 © “Tech Paul” (Paul Eckstrom). All Rights Reserved.
All we really have, in the end, are our stories.
Make yours great ones. Ones to be proud of.