A few items worthy of your consideration.
“George Orwell wrote his famous book about Big Brother in 1948. What would he think about the Electronic Communications Privacy Act? Changes to the act are being voted on this week in the U.S. Senate.” Read more..
Computers (and “high tech”) are fundamentally changing.
“Just how do you completely rebuild a company? Windows 8 is important but it’s just one step towards the future for Microsoft.” Read more..
* A new checkbox (aka “option”, aka “setting”) Skype users may want to un-check..
* Do you have more than one “device” on your network? Free, from Sophos: Network Security Scan
Scan for threats on your network — up to 200 machines
- Finds viruses and other threats your antivirus missed
- Works alongside your existing antivirus
- Includes free security updates for 30 days
See all the threats on your network
Want to see what your current software might have missed? Try our free scan on up to 200 computers.
It’ll find malware, suspicious devices and apps
You’ll be able to see threats in all their forms. It could be removable media, games or other peer-to-peer software that are your biggest risks. Read more/download..
* Photographers, I recently came across two websites anyone thinking about buying a digital camera should (IMHO) take a look at:
“A security expert from Arbor Networks says bandwidth and performance increases combined with increased sizes of botnets have got service providers worried that large scale DDoS attacks could cause massive Internet interruptions.” Read more..
(… I won’t tell you about the planned hacker “blitzkrieg” attack on US banks… But you can ‘google it’..)
Today’s quote: “Today, you always know whether you are on the Internet or on your PC’s hard drive. Tomorrow, you will not care and may not even know.” ~ Bill Gates
(Sorry, Bill, but I will care [and I will know] ‘cuz I’m not a sheeple.)
Copyright 2007-2012 © “Tech Paul” (Paul Eckstrom). All Rights Reserved.
All we really have, in the end, are our stories.
Make yours great ones. Ones to be proud of.
No comments yet.