More on Hotmail phase-out (and other things too)
Items of Interest
* As I wrote about recently (see, The End Of Hotmail) there is/are change(s) coming to Microsoft products. For those of you who have a Microsoft “Live ID”, or Hotmail account, the following article is a ‘must read’: Microsoft’s Hotmail phase-out: What’s a user to do?
“Microsoft is moving all of its Hotmail users to Outlook.com by this summer. Here’s what the hundreds of millions still using Hotmail need to know about the transition.” Read more..
[oh, and btw.. Outlook.com outage leaves users locked out of accounts
“Numerous users of the online email service Outlook.com were locked out of their accounts on Monday after a service outage.” Read more..]
Further, Microsoft Office is changing/has changed, too: Office 2013 licensing changes increase IT angst
“It has been about a month since Microsoft released Office 2013 and Office 365 under a new licensing regime. Unfortunately, this new scheme has raised a few eyebrows among users and IT professionals alike. Let’s see if we can figure out what it means.” Read more
* I don’t normally point out good deals, but.. this one is kind of amazing.. a WD 4 TB, USB 3.0 external harddrive unit (w/automatic backup) for $169 (plus free shipping) .. see it here.
* On the tablet front.. Ubuntu’s Touch OS preview released for Nexus tablets and phones
“Ubuntu Touch is here, but users have been warned not to run it on their primary device, as it has number of kinks still to be worked out.” Read more..
“How can a tablet that feels so good be so … not good
What do you do if you’ve long since past being a laughingstock in the mobile business? You failed at Windows Mobile. You bought Palm and put webOS out to pasture. And now, if you’re HP, your first real foray into Android is a tablet that’s nice from afar, but far from nice. Such is the HP Slate 7.” Read more..
* For those waiting on more of my Working With Apple series, sorry for the gap. More will be more coming; but the only thing I really have to say right now is, I’m finding more bugz and glitches than I would have suspected… but it’s been a mildly boring “shift” otherwise.
* I really cannot believe as many people think “clumping” cat litter is no bargain as don’t …
* Mondays are busy days, so.. that’s all I’ve time for today. Have a good one everybody!
Today’s quote: “If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius.” ~ Joseph Addison
Copyright 2007-2013 © “Tech Paul” (Paul Eckstrom). All Rights Reserved.
All we really have, in the end, are our stories.
Make yours great ones. Ones to be proud of.
February 25, 2013 - Posted by techpaul | advice, Backups, computers, hardware, Internet, Microsoft, News, software | Apple, hotmail, HP Slate 7, Microsoft, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office 365, nexus, operating system, outage, Outlook.com, tablets, Ubuntu, western digital
4 Comments »
• About Tech Paul
I am a (semi)-Retired CompTIA Certified computer & network technician, and the owner of Aplus Computer Aid. I have been building/fixing networks and computers since Windows 95 was the new kid on the block.
I have regularly posted how-to’s and tricks & tips and general computing advice here since 2007. (Use the Search tool to find answers.) Sometimes I answer (your) specific questions in an article if I believed the answer is generally helpful to “everyone”. All the writing you see is my own, typos and all. There is an implied “IMHO” in what you see here.
You can write to me using this form.
Note: You are responsible for using this blog and its content. I am in no way liable for any losses caused by user error, viruses and/or other malware, hardware or software failure, or any other conceivable reason.
Visitors to date
techpaul on Are these people nuts? gaia on Are these people nuts? Ramblinrick on Are these people nuts? techpaul on Today’s ‘Must Read… anna on Today’s ‘Must Read… techpaul on How To Keep Your Images In A S… techpaul on This is why so few posts.…
Previous Tips & Answers (aka Search This Site)
Or use keyword(s)
A Winner’s Blueprint for Achievement
BELIEVE while others are doubting.
PLAN while others are playing.
STUDY while others are sleeping.
DECIDE while others are delaying.
PREPARE while others are daydreaming.
BEGIN while others are procrastinating.
WORK while others are wishing.
SAVE while others are wasting.
LISTEN while others are talking.
SMILE while others are frowning.
COMMEND while others are criticizing.
PERSIST while others are quitting.
~ William Arthur Ward
Site infoTech – for Everyone
Blog at WordPress.com.