I can get away with this.. it’s the weekend!
Just going to ramble a little bit today.. But I hope you’ll find something rewarding.
* Here in Kallyfornyah, we give birth to every kooky New Age fad that sweeps the nation; and so the whole Think Your Way To A Happier, Wealthier You thing is, to me, kinda “so 80’s” (and the Fonz is saying, “Aayy“). Depak Chopra, Tony Robbins, et al, became .. well, a bit passe here. You found The Science of Getting Rich and its brethren in the library’s free bin.
But in these “tough economic times”, I’m sensing a resurgence in popularity.. “self help”. And, hey, that’s “cool”. I’m all for people expanding their minds.
I read this one, though, that said all I had to do was visualize my mansion, “see” myself in my Rolls Royce, and “feel” the security that having all the money I need feels like,, And that if I did this everyday, and really got “into it” (came to believe), the Universe would simply materialize those things in my life.
That sounded easy, so I’ve been giving it The Old College Try. For two decades now …
Clearly, I must be doing something wrong..!
* This 9″ Android 4.0 Tablet has 3G, Wireless N, and decent specs — for $100. AGPtek 8GB 9″ Android 4.0 Tablet w/ 5 Point Capacitive TouchScreen & Expandable Memory
* A reader recently told me about an online ‘bookmarking’ and ‘sharing’ service for music (and music videos) – kind of a “store your songs in the cloud” kind of thing – that I think many will be interested in (it’s quite different than things like Spotify) named Songdrop. My competitors have already written about it, so I’ll just pick one and let you read their write up, here.
(Thank you for the heads up, Dear Reader!)
* How about a pretty photograph?
And now a word from our sponsor: Oops. This position is still available. If you are a high-end tech manufacturer, producer of “gaming” gear that retails for no less than $1,500/unit, and you would like to send me units to keep, and maybe review.. lots of units.. of your best, well contact me using the form. Only serious gamer OEMs need apply.
* I have heard from various locales that some of you still have snow on the ground and/or are having snow storms and/or are expecting snow. But my weather-spy network still needs volunteers. If there’s snow on the ground where you are, well, how about a roaring fire and a hot toddy. Put your feet up. It’s Saturday!
Chillax, man. It’s cold outside.
* But if you’re thinking it’s time for planting roses.. 20 -50% off sale at Jackson & Perkins. (Not too late for bare root.)
* Yes, cyber-war and cyber-crime continue to make headlines, I could post a half-dozen items, easy. But S. Korea is kinda far away, and as I said, it’s Saturday. I’ll save up the downers for Monday. Have a great weekend, y’all!
* Started watching House of Cards on Netflix. Wow. It’s kinda like West Wing, only.. real-er. Kind of like the mc (played by Kevin Spacey).
* * *
Today’s quote: “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~ Anne Frank
BTW.. This is my 2,000th article here on T4E. What a long strange trip it’s been.
And, yes. Ole Tech Paul likes his rose bushes. (Can’t be all tech, all the time.)
Copyright 2007-2013 © “Tech Paul” (Paul Eckstrom). All Rights Reserved.
All we really have, in the end, are our stories.
Make yours great ones. Ones to be proud of.