Friday. A ‘check in’.
Since it’s been a while, I thought I would post a little something.. but as I sit here, I’m still not sure what that’s going to be.
* It has been my habit to post a ‘fun video’ on Fridays.
And I probably would have, had it not occurred to me that yesterday was the anniversary of the 9/11 attack.
And a video of goofballs proving Darwin’s theory, or monkeys throwing poo, seems inappropriate today.
* And we all know a new iPhone was announced this week.
And loyal readers should know by now what I think of iDevices, and that I couldn’t care less.
Of much more interest to me was the announcement the new Amazon phone was reduced to 99¢.
Like.. a month after it was announced (and priced at $200).
I’ve nothing positive to say. Wean yourself from it, if you can.
* Firefox Beta 243 is out.
Seriously. Guys. Just fix the bugs, and call it a day. (And bug fixes don’t call for new version numbers..)
* I’m looking forward to the weekend. I hope you are too. Having something to look forward to is important for your mental ‘well-being’.
* And speaking of ‘well-being’, would the one person who answered my poll with “I feel none of those things” care to share how they do it? (You can leave a comment w/o a name.)
Today’s quote: “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” ~ Aesop
Copyright 2007-2014 © “Tech Paul” (Paul Eckstrom). All Rights Reserved.
All we really have, in the end, are our stories.
Make yours great ones. Ones to be proud of.
And please, never forget – one person can make a difference.
Find a way to make someone’s day today.
(Best advice I ever heard? Don’t sweat the small stuff.)
2 Comments »
• About Tech Paul
I am a (semi)-Retired CompTIA Certified computer & network technician, and the owner of Aplus Computer Aid. I have been building/fixing networks and computers since Windows 95 was the new kid on the block.
I have regularly posted how-to’s and tricks & tips and general computing advice here since 2007. (Use the Search tool to find answers.) Sometimes I answer (your) specific questions in an article if I believed the answer is generally helpful to “everyone”. All the writing you see is my own, typos and all. There is an implied “IMHO” in what you see here.
You can write to me using this form.
Note: You are responsible for using this blog and its content. I am in no way liable for any losses caused by user error, viruses and/or other malware, hardware or software failure, or any other conceivable reason.
- Review: Best Internet Security Suites 2016
- Sunday Beauty #125
- Yahoo: Your Personal Info Stolen
- Really, really creepy use of tech …
- Something for both Apple and PC..
- Apple owners — 5 quick security tweaks
- Breaking News: Hold off on iOS X
- SB #124
- And today it’s Apple Mac — again
- And today it’s Linux’s turn .. (sigh)
Visitors to date
Previous Tips & Answers (aka Search This Site)
Or use keyword(s)
A Winner’s Blueprint for Achievement
BELIEVE while others are doubting.
PLAN while others are playing.
STUDY while others are sleeping.
DECIDE while others are delaying.
PREPARE while others are daydreaming.
BEGIN while others are procrastinating.
WORK while others are wishing.
SAVE while others are wasting.
LISTEN while others are talking.
SMILE while others are frowning.
COMMEND while others are criticizing.
PERSIST while others are quitting.
~ William Arthur Ward
Site infoTech – for Everyone
Blog at WordPress.com.