Practical advice for greater online safety
The materials below are practical advice on how to be a savvy and successful digital citizen.
If you surf the web, you should know ..
- Security updates
- Free antivirus, antispyware program
- Free PC safety scan
- Download Malicious Software Removal Tool
- Protect your privacy on the Internet
- Your information on the Internet
- Take charge of your online reputation
- What is an ActiveX control?
- What is antispyware?
- What is antivirus software?
- What is a botnet?
- What is a cookie?
- What is a firewall?
- What is browser hijacking?
- What is identity theft?
- What are Internet filters?
- What is malware?
- What are parental controls?
- What is phishing?
- What is a pop-up?
- What is social engineering?
- What is spam?
- What is spyware?
- What is a computer virus?
Digital citizenship in action: A guide to education and events
The materials below are included in Microsoft’s Digital Citizenship in Action Toolkit. You will find practical advice on how to be a savvy and successful digital citizen. Use the materials to:
Teach yourself: Practical advice for greater online safety
Free materials including brochures, fact sheets, tip cards, videos, and posters to give you the basic information you need to help you stay safe online.
Teach others: Online safety presentations and event planning
Information and free materials to make a presentation or put together an event.
Hey.. a bonus:
Bonus bonus: Countdown to Black Friday Deals (electronics)
Today’s quote: “I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance.” ~ Reuben Blades
Copyright 2007-2011 © “Tech Paul” (Paul Eckstrom). All Rights Reserved.